Okay so you are thinking of getting granite countertops, but you want to know — what are the real benefits of granite countertops? What makes getting granite countertops so great? Well, you are at the right place for your answers.
First off, what is granite?
Granite is an igneous rock formed from magma, that can be found in many different types of colors, ranging from dark granite to light granite colors. It is a very hard and tough rock that can be found all over the Earth, in many different countries and places. Granite comes from the Earth. It is mined from the ground all over the Earth at granite quarries. (Granite Quarry pictured left) After it is mined, one side is polished, the rock is sliced up into “granite slabs” — and we take those granite slabs and custom cut them to fit your countertops.
Benefits of Granite Countertops | Charlotte NC
1) Durable – Granite Countertops are one of the best types of countertops for any home. The abuse from children, heat or other elements found in the kitchen or bathroom will not be able to harm your granite countertops. Granite is a hard, durable surface that has already survived many of the elements on earth today. It is very hard to scratch granite and granite will not burn.
2) Uniqueness – Granite Countertops can easily update or freshen the look of any home. Each granite countertop slab is unlike the next. Although there are many granite slabs of the same granite color — slab color can still vary in pattern, lightness or darkness of color, or veining. Your granite countertops will be unique to your home, easily matching your decor and being the envy of your guests.
3) Affordable – With us, we are not just a granite countertop installer — we import, distribute, custom fabricate and install the granite countertops for your kitchen. This entire process cuts out any middle man or subcontractor, allowing us to give you the most discounts on your granite countertops. Granite Countertops used to cost many thousand dollars for just one simple kitchen remodel, but as the times have changed, the average granite countertops kitchen costs around or under $2000.
Still not convinced you need granite?
Here are even more benefits of granite countertops:
- Granite countertops are very affordable.
- Each and every granite stone is unique.
- Granite counter tops are beautiful.
- Comfortable in any decor.
- It is impossible to duplicate the true beauty of granite.
- The sunlight dances off the small crystals and changes the appearance of your stone throughout the day.
- You will still admire the beauty of your natural stone five years down the road.
- There are hundreds of color choices.
- Many different patterns… veins, specks, and swirls.
- There are many sink style options including farm sinks, vessel sinks, under mount sinks and drop in sinks.
- A few different sink finishes available to compliment your granite countertops include ceramic, copper, stainless steel, granite, onyx, marble, sandstone, limestone….
- Granite is colored all the way through.
- This natural stone is readily available.
- It’s easy to clean.
- Granite is a sanitary countertop material. It does not harbor bacteria.
- Granite can usually be repaired if it’s damaged.
- It’s not a trend.
- Kid Friendly.
- It is strong.
- Granite is hard to scratch.
- You can cut on it.
- It’s a hard stone to polish and finish. It’s even harder to wear off the polished finish.
- Granite is durable,it will last your lifetime and more.
- Hot items such as griddles, fryers, and toaster ovens won’t burn or leave char marks on your granite countertop.